AIMS and OBJECTIVES
- To work independent of and in consort with other Associations to improve the social, economic and multi-cultural climate of British Columbia.
- To preserve and promote Jamaican Culture.
- To foster good relations between people of Jamaica heritage and others in the Canadian Society.
- To present the concerns of Jamaican residents in British Columbia.
- To connect new immigrants of Jamaican descent, assist in employment, housing search, and general adaptation into the community.
- Assist Jamaicans in fostering good relations with community police.
- To help finance and support projects beneficial to:
i) The Jamaican Community in British Columbia.
ii) The British Columbia Community.
- To sponsor awards and scholarships for academic, technical, athletic or any other socio-cultural excellence.
The Jamaican/Canadian Association of B.C. is under the umbrella organization National Council of Jamaicans and Supportive Organizations in Canada (NCJSOC). It is a National non-profit organization, established in 1987. The primary purpose of NCJSOC is to identify and respond to the needs of Jamaican-Canadians as well as other ethnic groups. The association will have an active role in society by officiating as a resource facilitator on public policy and other matters affecting its membership.
MEMBERSHIP RATES (YEARLY)
Family (Family being parents & children under 18) $40
Single (Adult) $25
Seniors (Over 55 years)/Student $15
Corporate Membership (2 Max.) $40
Associate Single (Adult) $25
Associate Family Membership $30
Associate Student/Senior $15
Full Membership benefits entitle you to the following:
i) Participation and voting privileges in all meetings.
ii) Discounted rates on social events.
iii) An opportunity to serve on the executive committee
iv) Contribute to the JCCABC policies and planning process.