JAMAICAN/CANADIAN CULTURAL ASSOCIATION OF BC
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR 2018/2019
Our vision and mandate at the Jamaican Canadian Cultural Association of British Columbia (JCCABC) is to:
- promote and preserve Jamaican culture;
- sponsor awards and scholarships for academic, technical, athletic and other social-cultural excellence;
- help finance and support projects beneficial to the community; and
- improve the social, economic and multi-cultural climate of British Columbia.
In keeping with our mandate, JCCABC has established an annual scholarship valuing $1,000.00 to assist a Grade 12 British Columbia high school student in pursuit of their academic dreams.
The applicant must be:
- Jamaican born or of Jamaican descent, whether by parent(s) or grandparent(s);
- a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, residing in British Columbia; and
- enrolled in a post-secondary institution.
Your scholarship application must include the following:
- Completed Scholarship Application Form;
- The required essay; and
- A cover letter and supporting reference letters.
The completed application package must be received by JCCABC by Saturday, June 15, 2019, at 11:59 pm PST. Applications may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to:
Jamaican Canadian Cultural Association of BC
P.O. Box 33642
10153 King George Blvd.
Ready to apply? Click the link below to download the application form: